We are all familiar that India is one of the largest producers of cement in the world. The last decade or so has seen tremendous growth in the manufacturing and consumption of cement in India. Many customers and retailers widely welcomed ready mix concrete as it was in high demand during that time. Thus, there is more possibility for the cement industry for a bright and successful future and it has all the potential to hold its position in the top charts.
Basic differences between ready mix concrete and concrete mix from a batching plant
- Both the ready-mix and regular cement are manufactured from the batching plant but the basic difference is that the ready mix concrete is produced away from the construction site and brought to the construction site in transit mixers.
- The ready mix concrete can also be pumpable concrete which requires more slump and more workability.
- The ready mix concrete has 12 mm and also contains more plasticizer in order to have more slumps. To avoid clogging of pump and piping, they are usually manufactured in 120 mm to 130 mm.
- The set retarders or retarding agents are also been added to the ready mix concrete to delay the setting process.
- The ready mix concrete plant usually has 60 to 90 cum per hour capacity batching plants. Depending on the size of the construction site, lower capacities of site mix plants are sufficient.
Major parts of the ready mix concrete mixing plant:
Generally, the concrete mixing plant is divided into the following major parts:
- Gravel feed
- Powder to feed (which includes Cement fly ash, bulking agents, etc)
- Water and feed additives
- Transmission and storage
Accessories of the ready mix concrete plant:
For any system to work, it must have a few important parts or accessories. Likewise, the following are some of the important accessories to run a ready mix concrete plant.
- Mixers (either horizontal or tilt-up or in some cases both are possible). Mixers are nothing but the center of the concrete batching plant.
- Cement batches
- Aggregate batches
- Radial stackers
- Aggregate bins
- Cement bins
- Cement silos
- Batch plant controls
- Dust collectors to reduce environmental pollution.
Types of ready mixed concrete:
The two major types of ready mix concrete are the following:
- Shrink-mixed concrete
- Truck mixed concrete
The shrink mixed concrete is a type of concrete that is partially mixed in a stationary mixer and completed in a truck mixer. The other type is a type of concrete that is mixed completely in a truck mixer.
The cement companies either buy the cement from the manufacturers or they prepare their product. The cement company distributes the cement to the local dealers or construction firms. The cement plant fixes the cement price based on the availability of the raw materials. Ready mix concrete is easy to work with, versatile, durable and economical. Thus, find the best cement that suits your demands.