The high level of hardness in water may cause dry itchy skin and rough hair as well. Sometimes very hard water may cause kidney stones, skin irritation or allergy. The taste of food also depends on what type of water is used. To prevent any kind of unpleasant odor, taste or color you must use soft water. Also, hard water is the cause of scale buildup and corrosion in appliances and utensils. So, it’s better to use soft water at home in every way and if soft water isn’t available in your area then you can buy a whole house water softener system.
Signs of hard water damage in your house
There are many ways in which hard water can damage your house including:
- The buildup of lime and chalk on sinks and shower walls.
- Watermarks on faucets and taps even after cleaning.
- Colors of clothes are fading and white clothes becoming dull.
- Unpleasant smell or taste of water.
- Dry and itchy skin or rough hair after taking a bath.
- Water pressure is decreased over a period of time.
- Damaged appliances due to corrosion are more often.
- Watermarks or residue on dishes when they dry after cleaning.
What are the benefits of using a whole house water softener system?
Well, there are as many benefits of whole house water softener systems as many as uses of water. For example, it saves money you spend on repairs or replacements of pipes and appliances, you spend less on soaps and detergents, your hair and skin becomes smooth, your clothes become more brighter and softer, you’ll spend less time in cleaning your clothes and dishes, and many more. So, do you still not want to install a water softener system for your house?